Rent Two Wheels, LLC
Notice Last Updated. February, 2012
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. This policy explains what data we collect about you, how we collect it, the measures we take to keep your data secure and the uses we make of it. We also explain the options you have regarding your personal data. When you request services from us or access our websites, you consent to our collection, retention and use of your personal data in the manner described in this policy and accept the risks outlined in the Security section.
We recognize the importance of protecting your personally identifiable information (which includes your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, credit or debit card information, and other contact information,) that you provide to Rent Two Wheels. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to tell you how Rent Two Wheels strives to better serve you by keeping you informed of promotions, products and services, while, at the same time, safeguarding your personally identifiable information (PII). This Privacy Notice sets forth our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information (PII) both through our online and offline operations. This Privacy Notice also explains how you can correct or change the personally identifiable infomation (PII) we hold about you, or opt-out of receiving certain marketing materials.
How collected information is used
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
· To assist you with reserving and renting.
· To conduct other transactions that you request.
· To service your account with us and/or membership in one of our programs, respond to your questions and contact you when necessary.
· To provide you with discounts, coupons, offers, and other information, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you.
· To assist us in providing better products and services (for example, we may contact you by telephone, mail or email to assist us in evaluating the performance of our staff, to assess the quality of product and service received, and to help us improve our Web Site, facilities and services).
· To compile statistics and analysis about our customers' use of our Web Site, products and services. These statistics are only used internally to enable us to provide better customer service and products to you and other customers in the future.
· To learn more about our Web Site traffic patterns and other use in order to improve the functionality and features of our site.
· To help us to operate, maintain and improve our systems and Web Site.
We attempt to retain information we collect for commercially reasonable periods of time or in accordance with specific policies or as required by law. Information collected for a specified purpose will only be used for that purpose and, after a reasonable period of time, will no longer be actively stored when that purpose has been fulfilled. Inactive data may, however, continue to be used for statistical, marketing, archiving, and other analytical purposes.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT, UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOUR USE AND/OR CONTINUED USE OF THIS WEB SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR EXPRESS CONSENT THAT INFORMATION MAY BE TRANSFERRED TO OR STORED ON SERVERS AND PROCESSED OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY OF YOUR RESIDENCE. PLEASE ALSO BE AWARE THAT THE PRIVACY LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OR OTHER COUNTRIES WHERE INFORMATION MAY BE STORED MAY NOT BE AS COMPREHENSIVE OR OFFER AS MUCH PROTECTION AS THE LAWS OF OTHER COUNTRIES.
What information we collect from you
When you make a reservation, rent a motorcycle, bicycle, segway or other vehicle, we need to collect certain information about you in order to provide and improve our services. The service that you chose will determine what information we collect from you. This information may include, but not be limited to:
Home and/or Business Address
Telephone Numbers at which we can reach you
Your Date of Birth
Method of Payments (credit card - expiration date – security number)
Driver’s License and Province/Country of Issuance
Your preferences as to the type(s) of vehicles rented and the timing of such rentals
When you rent a vehicle, we will also record information that details your rental (e.g. the type of vehicle you rented, where you rented the vehicle, where and when you returned the vehicle, payment arrangements, insurance preferences, gas consumption, mileage and other information related to the vehicle).
We may also need certain information from you when you request any of the following services or equipment: Special Needs/Optional Equipment; and Special Offers/Discounts.
How we collect this information will depend on how you use our services. We may collect this information directly from you by telephone, fax, email, or through your use of our Site or the Internet. To the extent you use our Site, we may also collect information about your use of our Site, transactional and account information, e-mail and other information related to communications to our Site. We may also collect information about you indirectly through a travel wholesaler, aggregator, tour operator, travel agent, an account program in which you or your employer participates or through one of our partner programs when you deal with us through those means. Additionally, our partners, affiliates and third parties may provide us with information about you.
You may choose not to provide some of your PII to us, but this may prevent us from providing our services to you, or limit our ability to provide you with the level of service that you would otherwise expect from us.
With whom we share your information
This website may share your information with the following entities:
· Third-party vendorswho provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
· Business partnerswith whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. We do not share your email address and credit card information with these partner unless they need it to fulfill the rental reservation you have made on Rent2wheels.com, and we restrict their use of this information to that purpose. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
· Referring websites. If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We also may share your information:
· In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
· When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
· In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develo content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
You can access and update your contact information by visiting this website's My Account section. You can close your account by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as for record keeping integrity.
Protection of your Information
We want you to feel confident about using this website to make rental arrangements, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. Furthermore we are PCI compliant for all our credit card processes.
A “cookie” is a set of data sent to your computer by our web server that enables the server to recognize your computer.
Cookies help us improve the quality of your visits to our websites by making the reservation process faster and smoother. The information they provide helps us develop content and features that we think will be of interest to you.
Visiting our website from outside the United States
If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
As you may be aware, there is no completely secure method of transmitting or storing data. Although their physical characteristics are different, postal mail, telephone calls, text messages, faxes and transmissions over the Internet all present possibilities of loss, misrouting, interception and misuse of the data that is transmitted.
We aim to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your personal data, including:
If you have reason to believe that any account with us is no longer secure, you must immediately contact us by following the instructions at the end of this policy.
If any part of this website links you to other sites, those sites do not operate under this Private Policy. We recommend you examine the privacy statements posted on those other websites to understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information.
Changes to this Private Policy
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this Private Policy at any time so visitors are encouraged to review this Private Policy at the inception of each session.
Your Acceptance of this Private Policy
By using our Site, or otherwise providing your PII to us, you signify your acceptance of our Private Policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site or provide any PII to us.
We hope this policy answers your questions about our collection and use of your personal data. If it does not, or if you have any questions, please contact us by email : email@example.com by mail :
Rent Two Wheels, LLC
2303 Ranch Rd. 620 S.
Suite 135 PMB#255
Austin, Texas 78734